The Echo Park Recreation Center is an approved location for the City of Los Angeles’ free summer lunch food program. The City of Los Angeles and the LAUSD have partnered up to provide free lunches to youth ages 1-18 from June 9 to August 8, 2014.
Along with serving free summer lunches at 317 school sites, LAUSD’s Food Services Department will also provide meals to 105 LA Recreation and Park Centers, one of which is the Echo Park Recreation Center.
According to Councilman Mitch O’Farrell of Council District 13, which includes Echo Park, the program is expected to serve more than 4.5 million free nutritious meals during the two months (city-wide).
Echo Park Recreation Center Info
The rec center is located at 1632 Bellevue Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90026. Here’s a quick map:
- Lunch will be served picnic style (bring a blanket)
- Dates served will be June 9-August 8, 2014 (except July 4th, Independence Day)
- Monday-Friday 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Ages 1-18 years old (parents welcome to attend with children, but must wait outside serving area)
- Lunch is first come, first serve
See what’s on the June menu! Sounds delicious!
Know of someone who can benefit from this information? Don’t forget to share it with them with the buttons below.