In this episode of the Echo Park Podcast we interview Monica Dollison, long-time resident and artist from Echo Park, Los Angeles.
Monica is an Echo Park artist who is originally from Buenos Aires Argentina. She has worked at DreamWorks Feature Animation, Disney, ACME FilmWorks, and Animation WorldNetwork. She has also been a caricature artist at Universal Studios Hollywood. In this podcast, we discuss her works and their close connection to Echo Park. We also discuss various topics about Echo Park the neighborhood, and life in Los Angeles.
The following list are things we discussed with Monica during the podcast. Click “play” above to listen to the conversation, or get it on-the-go on your smart phone through iTunes.
- Who is Monica Dollison?
- Origins (Argentina, and her family’s migration to Echo Park, Los Angeles)
- Mixed culture
- Echo Park Lake
- Cuban Festival
- Festivities/events at the park
- Echo Park Lake make-over/renovation project and impact on neighborhood
- How we came across Monica
- “Save Echo Park” a.k.a. the girl from the napkin art
- Arts in Echo Park and Los Angeles
- Monica’s Art
- Thoughts on the evolution of art
- Monica’s type of art
- Monica’s art collection
- Monica’s content
- Echo Park Lake lotuses
These images are only a sampling of Monica’s works in homes, on canvas, and in public. Visit the following links to see more of her work: